Caring for Sensitive Skin + the Planet
For generations oat has been used as an ingredient in skincare, known for its ability to soothe and nourish the skin. For more than 75 years, Aveeno has been merging science with nature’s soothing properties to help provide care for all skin, even the most sensitive.
Just as skin can be vulnerable and require special care - so can our planet. This is why we are thoughtful about the choices we make. From choosing ethically sourced ingredients to reducing our environmental footprint. We promise to continue doing our part, learning and evolving, as we continue this journey together!
What we include in our products is just as important as what we exclude from them. We strive to include ingredients that meet only the highest standards and prioritise only those that are gentle for your skin and the planet. Aveeno products are:
- Formulated with Oat and other efficacious ingredients that soothe and nurture sensitive skin
- Formulated without triclosan, microbeads, phthalates and formaldehyde-releasing preservatives
- Scientifically driven, clinically supported safety processes that hold us to high standards.
- We have an ambition to optimise our biodegradability and continue to innovate ensuring we are making careful choices with adults & babies and the planet’s long-term health in mind.
- The efficacy of colloidal oatmeal products have been evaluated in over 25 studies, involving more than 2,500 patients with dry skin.
- Our R&D team has conducted over 80 scientific publications since 2001.
- For the environment, we use a patented system in the US, called the Global Aquatic Ingredient Assessment Tool™ to help us to develop products with a minimum potential impact on environment by using, in priority, ingredients that are not harmful to aquatic life and ecosystems
From day one, we have worked with farmers in various countries like the UK, to source and process our Oats in a way that preserves their purity and beneficial for the skin properties. We do this in an environmentally conscientious manner.
- We source our oats from cooler areas that are best suited for their growth. The perfect match of cooler climate and low humidity provides an extra advantage for our prebiotic oatmeal, which is minimally processed.
- Our oatmeal is non-GMO, and made from food grade oats.
- We use eco-friendly practices like low heat and crop rotation
- To minimise energy use during transport, our supplier uses a mix of rail and truck from farm to milling center.
To preserve the beauty of our planet, we are committed to reducing packaging waste and using more recyclable, recycled, and renewable materials.
- Today, a 100% of Aveeno bottles are recyclable
- By 2022, we aim to offer:
- Refillable packaging for our products.
- 100% recyclable pumps
- Post-consumer recycled plastic (PCR) in our new packaging - and we’ll increase this across our portfolio, over the next few years
- Tube weight reduction, to use minimum plastic
- By 2025 our goal is to use
- 100% recyclable, reusable, or compostable packaging
- 100% Forest Stewardship Council-certified paperboard and/or recycled-content in our paper cartons
*Only valid for UK & EU
Our dedication to science, ingenuity and human health doesn’t stop with Aveeno® products.
Learn how our parent company, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, is creating sustainable products that help us all live healthier lives, on a healthier planet.